Experienced Legal Advice For Wills And Estates
People of all ages should have a will and related documents addressing health care decisions in the event of incapacity and disposition of their property upon death. An experienced estate planning attorney can answer your questions and ensure that all the bases are covered and drafted in a clear and legally sound fashion.
The Belt Law Firm, P.C., offers personalized estate plans to give you peace of mind that your wishes will be honored and that your estate passes to the right people. We also provide probate and estate administration services if you have been tapped to settle the estate of a loved one.
Is It Time To Write Or Update Your Estate Plan?
Our estate planning lawyer can help you customize your documents to put your wishes in writing. This includes:
- A last will and testament – Declaring who inherits what, and perhaps appointing guardians for minor children or stating your wishes for memorial services and disposition of your remains
- Powers of attorney – Appointing a trusted person to manage financial and business affairs if you are not able to because of injury, illness or mental incapacity
- Medical power of attorney – Authorizing someone to make medical decisions on your behalf
- Heath care directive (living will) – Guidance to physicians and your family about your wishes for end-of-life care, such as life support measures and DNR (do not resuscitate)
- Trusts – Placing assets outside of your estate to avoid probate, to protect against creditors, or to provide care for a family member with special needs
People put off estate planning because they think they have plenty of time or because these topics are uncomfortable. But the “future” could arrive tomorrow, and you will greatly relieved after you address these important questions and put plans in place.
Your Knowledgeable And Accomplished Attorney
Edward A. Monsky has maintained a wills and estates legal practice for over 35 years. He regularly lectures on estate planning, estate administration and professional responsibility for the National Business Institute and the Pennsylvania Bar Association. He has served as president of Lackawanna County Pro Bono and of Elan Gardens, a senior living facility in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania.