Attorney Timothy D. Belt is the son of Reverend James and Patricia Belt, and he has resided primarily in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area since 1985. Timothy graduated from Lackawanna Trail High School and is a 1996 summa cum laude graduate of the University of the Ozarks. Timothy graduated from Villanova University School of Law in 1999 and shortly thereafter began practicing law in the Wilkes-Barre area.
Timothy's practice focuses on workers' compensation and unemployment compensation. Timothy is a frequent speaker in regard to workers' compensation issues to business and union organizations.
Timothy is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Wilkes-Barre Law and Library Association, and Wyoming/Sullivan County Bar Association.
Timothy is also certified as a specialist in the practice of workers' compensation law by the Pennsylvania Bar Association's Section on Workers' Compensation Law as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Workers' Compensation Law 95%
- Unemployment Compensation 5%
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1999
- University of the Ozarks, Clarksville, Arkansas
- B.S. - 1996
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Mathematics
- Pennsylvania, 2000
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2002
- Workers' Compensation Tips and Tactics From Both Sides of the Table, September 2009; August 2010
- Workers' Compensation Law Update, December 2010
- How to Cross-Examine Vocational Experts, July 16, 2014
- Workers' Compensation: The Settlement Process and Hearings, April 22, 2015
- Workers’ Compensation from A to Z- Preparing Your Case & Calculating the Value of a Claim, April 16, 2019
- Workers' Compensation, Pennsylvania Bar Association Section on Workers' Compensation Law, 2013
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Luzerne County Bar Association, Member
- Wyoming-Sullivan County Bar Association, Member
- Wyoming County CARES, Member
- Managing Partner / Founding Attorney