Handling Delayed And Denied Workers' Comp Claims

Denials and DelaysDenial of a workers' compensation claim sometimes begins with an employer. The employer may refuse to cooperate, contending that an injury was not caused by work activity. The employer may imply or state outright that an injured worker has fabricated or exaggerated an injury.

Were You Denied Workers' Comp Benefits You Were Eligible For?

Sometimes an employer or human resources department takes down information about a workplace injury and then fails to act on that information. "Ignore it and it may go away" seems to be the sentiment in such cases.

In other cases, an employer or a workers' compensation insurer acknowledges part but not all of an injury claim. The responsible party may refuse to pay some or all pertinent medical bills. Sometimes an employer or insurer will agree to pay medical bills but refuse wage loss pay on the basis that the employee "can still work" — even when doctors say otherwise.

Handling all varieties of denials and delays in workers' compensation cases, The Belt Law Firm, P.C., in Kingston represents clients throughout northeastern Pennsylvania, including the cities of Scranton, Wilkes-Barre and Hazleton. We often overcome denials and delays through diligent analysis and persuasive arguments. Other law firms often refer challenging cases to our law firm.

Did The Workers' Compensation Insurer Deny Or Delay Claims? Your Case May Require Administrative Appeals.

Delayed and DeniedWorkers' compensation insurers find many excuses for refusing to pay claims and for delaying payout of benefits. About 75 percent of cases are paid out properly. The other 25 percent lead injured workers to lawyers' offices. If your employer's workers' compensation insurance carrier is refusing to pay your legitimate workers' compensation claim, contact an attorney through our law offices. Learn how we can appeal your case before the workers' compensation board or a Commonwealth court in firm pursuit of a proper resolution.